Can we do something about certain players?

Topics related to BLR

Moderators: Blacklist Staff, BCL Staff

Locked [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Seversum
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Can we do something about certain players?

Post by Seversum » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:13 am

There are many players that contribute to the death to this game. Cheaters, "smurfs", toxic people are the ones to blame. But only one (or two) types of these players are dealt with—and only on BLR Blacklist—a demanding and laborious site that deals with those players rather slowly (and perhaps ineffectively [no offense]). I can't stand cheaters, but I can't stand toxic people even more. The thing with games is that cheaters (hopefully) only affect you in-game and nowhere else. However, toxic players affect YOU both in-game and outside to a certain degree. I know I get pissed off when an idiot starts convincing a room to kick me while continuing to hurl insults at someone who wants to enjoy a game.

Some people don't like to deal with the fact that they are worse than others, so they accuse the "offending party" for cheating when they have no proof at all. BLR has many kinks such as the broken "block" system—but this hackusation menace has grown to the degree where the person being accused must have to defend themselves from a selfish and jealous threat to their entertainment. Last time I remembered, it was against the game's "moral code" to abuse the vote kick feature. Look here: http://plays.tv/video/577d3a0a12386b4fb ... ction=feed.

I'd be willing to say that this community takes the crown for having the worst community. Many players are homophobes, racists, and quick to judge. People such as Wolphdragon just hurl random and uncalled-for insults at people whilst defending cheaters (that have even admitted to cheating [stating that he "play with them all the time LOL" [Wolph, if you're reading this, I have a message—Desi was here.]]), saying that players against them are just "trash", or "shitties". This game is dying because of HSL's and PWE's persistence on not providing players with properly functioning tools and because of the community behind it. I have one question behind this rant—when will we start cleaning up the other "bad apples"? They pose nothing but a threat to this game's dwindling population.

I don't want to see this game die, but it would be a cure to these annoying people.
Last edited by Seversum on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Can we do something about certain players?

Post by HeWhoShallNotBeNamed » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:48 am

I agree, and sadly think it's been this way since open beta.

If only one player is banned, the odds of further income being made off of the loner is lower than if all the complainers get banned for bogus reasons.

I've tried to better the community, and I've found that unless it obviously affects their profit margin, PWE/HSL don't care. Bans have very little to do with ToS, and more to do with investment strategies. I've shown evidence of this to a mod, pm me to find out which one to ask, hopefully they'll oblige.

Even if they turn over a new leaf, what good would it do? Perceptions have been made and are difficult to change. Would they advertise on steam "Now enforcing ToS for a better experience!"? I don't see a change helping anything unless we're talking very long term, and this game is getting old. That is assuming they can and want to change...

Forget toxic players, when was the last time hackers were banned? They can't be bothered to remove such an obvious threat.

My advice is only go full Kevorkian if you are one thousand percent sure you are finished with PWE games, and you don't care about your steam profile. Good luck with your decision.

Sky
Blacklist Elite
Blacklist Elite

Re: Can we do something about certain players?

Post by Sky » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:10 pm

honestly?

as far as i know, there has been only one case of ban - or, if you will, of PWE doing something - because of votekick abuse, and it was the Ctrl clan, two guys called Aimbot and Noob, who would spend the entire game votekicking people, leaving the lobby, rejoining, re-votekicking.
this ban was only after i uploaded a video where they kicked like, six people from a game, then they got a warning, then someone else reported them again and finally they got banned.

these guys PLAGUED blr for months, with many top ranking players losing on GP rewards and being locked out of lobbies because of these two idiots.

if you think you can get anything done because of a player insulting you, calling you a faggot, a hacker or a jew, my advice is to learn to use the /i feature, ignore them and forget it because you are wasting time.

i also think if PWE banned toxic people, they would lose 1/5 of the population.

btw, it doesnt happen just to you.

there is a guy in EU called ROOBROO, a truly mediocre player, despite having played north of 3 years. he is convinced that just about anyone who kills him, is a hacker. will easily spend most of the game AFK chatting to other people how "player who killed him" is a hack user and should be votekicked.
US is even worse.
playing QuakeLive 24/7